Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:40:28 -0500
From:         Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Subaru engine swap list??, and FS 1.9l engine complete
Comments: To: Tim Smith <smitht@UNB.CA>
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

I urge you not to do this.

We need the contents of your posts to go into the archives.

We don't mind hearing endless Suburu posts.

As long as it says Subaru in the headline, we don't have to read them.

If you somehow decide to make a separate list, put me on it.

At 04:29 PM 3/10/98 -0400, you wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm into this now, as are others. If anyone interested in the topic wants >to email me directly I'll build a mailing list (NOT a listserver) and >forward any Sub. related posts to/from all contributers daily, or every >other day? Think of this as 'converters clearing house'. I imagine more >than a few people on the V@L are tired of hearing about this stuff as the >frequency increases. > >Warmup discussion..... > > After having a careful lookover the Subaru engine, the 10 years of >technology between vanagon wassers and this engine are quite obvious. >Arguably 50 years technology, since it's the same old aircooled engine >Ferdinand designed, with some extra water jackets on it. Overhead cams, 4 >valves/cyl. And a very solidly assembled engine of substantial aluminium >castings, even the valve covers. No tin/steel to rust away here! Heads bolt

_____________________________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY & Washington DC ConsumerSearch drew@interport.net 212-580-6486 (W) 212-580-4459 (H)