Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:03:11 -0500
From:         "John H. Rodgers" <inua@QUICKLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Noisy Lifter - to replace or not?
Comments: To: "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@concentric.net>
Comments: cc: Vanagon <vanagon@zuni.likeminds.com>

-- [ From: John H. Rodgers * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Regards Marvels' treatment ....... are you speaking of the Marvel's Mystery Oil Top End Treatment or Marvels' Mystery Oil.(period!) They are two different things. The cans they come in look almost identical but could cause confusion. I have used the Marvels' Mystery Oil to loosen things when all else failed, including WD-40, but never in an engine. I have never used Marvels' Top End Treatment for anything so can't speak to its effectiveness. The straight Marvel's Mystery Oil is really wonderful stuff for loosening difficult nuts, bolts and fittings. I have seen it do the job when WD-40 wouldn't. It is hard to find however, and in recent years I could find it only in one gallon cans if I can find it at all. As I remember a gallon can was quite expensive.

John Rodgers '86 GL Driver -------- REPLY, Original message follows --------