Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:42:10 EST
From:         VolksMD <VolksMD@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Rebuild Question...
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I am in the middle of a complete rebuild... And AS with all I have done I have come across yet another problem that I am not willing to pay alot for and I need some advice from my friends here at Vanagon.com. Here's the deal, 81 vsanagon. found it in a junk yard engine and tranny intact as well as a full exhaust system, wha who!!! I got the whole Van for 100$ Istripped it and returned the empty hull. So anyway Iam all the way down to the case and I go to clean up the whole thing, and the heads. As I am pulling out the valves one of the valve seats well out like a loose ring on a skinny finger. my first thought was *son of a!!!! then I got to reading in 'automotion' magazine and I found a place in cali that will re-furb the head for me, but I want to do it myself... Any Suggestions???/

Chris 55 Single cab 84 GL 76 Transporter