Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Mar 1998 15:12:18 -0800
From:         Art McGinn <amcginn@ARACHNID.MICROWEB.COM>
Subject:      [Fwd: Re: Front seat padding]
Comments: To: vanagon@zuni.likeminds.com
Comments: cc: type2@type2.com

Sam et al: I have had both split front seats, on a '68 bus, and a bench seat on an '82 Vanagon, both of them no-nonsense vinyl, and despite their Prussian (as it were) and almost forbidding appearance, both of these seats are the most comfortable, especially on a long haul, of any I have ever experienced. You can go for hours and your back will hardly know it. I assume this is one of the things they mean when they talk about German engineering (& I'm Irish...). Cheers...

Bate82659 wrote: > > Eric said; > > <Well sometime ago I asked the list about the confort of > the seats in the Vanagons. I concluded that the back rest > needs work, so I padded mine.> > > Speaking for me, and me alone, the seats (especially the front seats) in my > Vanagon are the most comfortable, by FAR, of any seats in any vehicle that I > own. > They are extremely supportive and still wear well after 16 hours in the > saddle. > I have never had the inclination to alter them in any way. > > That's just my $0.02. > > Sam Bateman > '87 Vanagon GL