Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Mar 1998 21:01:02 -0500
From:         Jon Hathaway <jonr@EMPIRE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tim's problem??
Comments: To: Patrick Dooley <pdooley@gte.net>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

> > > Because he has the right to tell how he feels..

But why does he feel the need to do it about One person Over and Over and Over??

> > this constant sniping is really getting old and not at all > >worthy of this List... > > Lets all sing happy songs and pretend the world is perfect and all is right > and good. Heck, even our vehicles are perfect. Gee, whats the point of > having a list then?

Totally clueless are you?? never said world or our vehicles are perfect... said pettiness doesn't solve anything..

> How can you determine who is the minority here?

when same 12-15 people talk about the same 2-3 conversions day after day, it gets a bit tedious...

how many people on the list are there? 450-600....

> . > > > > What's wrong with being satisfied with OE?? > > > The problem with OE in this case is that it doesn't work.

Mine did for 120k trouble free miles, gaskets failed second time because I failed to replace ALL needed parts (didn't replace t'stat, it stuck closed)

> You don't have to be satisfied with OE when other options are available.

Then start a list of unsatisfied owners who want to do conversions... I'm tired of hearing about it. at least 1/2 the posts lately are: should we use this engine or that... should we post to this list or start our own...

Don't like the way it works??? Go drive a Caravan...!

> People that have the talent and motivation to strive for something better > should not be shunned, > they should be commended.

Not shunning anyone... tired of good info being interspersed with petty BS!

> This list is about exchanging ideas and information. You don't have to > agree with any of it.

you're absolutely right... and I don't always...

My question was ( and still is) why does Tim feel the need to keep up his really petty attitude...??

we ALL know he doesn't like Ron selling stuff or "USING" the list for personal gain...

does he think he will convince the rest of us to shun three companies that get us good deals??

I have asked Tim privately on more than one occasion, all he keeps saying "I have no problem with Ron" and yet he continues with his petty snide remarks.

Tim is a very knowledgeable guy and quite free with his knowledge to everyone's advantage... I just wish he would explain to me why he needs to make uncharacteristically juvenile comments.