Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Mar 1998 21:48:37 -0500
From:         Tim McDermott <mcdermot@LI.NET>
Subject:      '98 Bug/Addition markup(VW's response)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Thanks for the note Tim.

I can generally say that we agree with your concern. What most people don't understand is that automotive dealers are independent franchisees, and the laws severely restrict the manufactures' ability to control the issue you are raising.

I can assure you that we have reviewed our concerns regarding this issue with all the dealers and have encouraged them NOT to trade the future for the present. It will work with many, and will some it will not. Meanwhile, I will forward your note to the area manager for PA.

DAN