Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Mar 1998 22:26:14 EST
From:         KENWILFY <KENWILFY@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Peace Treaty (seem to need one a week!)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Wow, I tell you what, this list is never boring. I just signed on the diesel VW list. Nothing is going on!!! Why? "My car gets great fuel mileage and never has problems, does your car ever have problems?" "Nope," "OK I check back with you next month." I have been a VW diesel owner for several years. As this type of VW owner I was used to very dependable cars that you just basically put fuel in and drive for 200-300k miles with very few problems (most of which were wear items like brakes, etc.). So I never needed a list like this one. Now I have fallen in love with Vanagons. And you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that gas powered (and diesel powered) Vanagons are not super reliable and great mileage machines. Also, since everyone in my area (southern New Jersey) who calls themselves VW mechanics, hates/fears/doesn't understand/has never worked on a Vanagon, I am kinda on my own. However, God has given me two great gifts to help me through. My mechanical ability (which owning a Vanagon has sharpened greatly) and this List. I would just like to say that I really appreciate this List and the people who take time out of their busy day to answer letters and give advice. I like this List so much and it is so important to me that I hate to see it divided by this present controversy (or any controversy for that matter). I think both sides have a point and we should be able to have differing opinions on the subject of VW conversions or not conversions and still be able to get along. The people that say they are annoyed with other people constantly talking about conversion stuff on the List, I would most humbly remind them that they do have a "delete" button and that normally this type of discussion is clearly marked. As for those who are on the List and are interested in doing conversions, I don't see why they cannot use this List as a forum and a meeting place as well since it still concerns Vanagons. So please let us stop bickering and fighting about conversions and parts suppliers and just get back to talking about our vans and how we can keep them running and having a good time in them. Thanks and sorry for the soapboxing. Ken Wilford John 3:16