Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:16:20 -0800
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Is there a Diesel Vanagon with Power Steering ?
Comments: To: Bob O'Shaughnessy <oshaug@infinet.com>,
          Vanagon List <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

At 23:07 3/14/98 -0500, Bob O'Shaughnessy wrote: >David Marshall (Vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG) said on the date of 3/14/98 10:31 >PM > >>Going over the final needs for my engine swap (Golf Engine) I noticed that >>I have to do something with the power steering pump. >> >>How is the power steering done in a Diesel Vanagon? Is it the same way as >>the Golfs? > > David, I'll give you a nice short answer. > > When you finish fabricating your custom bracket, post a picture and >instructions.

>Bob O'Shaughnessy

Looks like I will be using a power steering pump from a 86 Jetta that is at the local auto wrecker. I'm getting the pump, mounting brackets and hoses for 75 Canuck Bucks so I think (hope) this is the simplest solution. Rest assured I will post the results on my site. I wonder if the 1.6TDs in Europe have power steering?

PS... The K.E.P. adapter is sitting at the Grey Hound Bus station! Can't wait! :)

-- David Marshall Email: david@volkswagen.org -- -- 78 1.8L VW Rabbit, 80 2.0L VW Caddy, 87 Audi 5KQ -- -- 85 VW Cabrio, 88 VW Syncro Double Cab Transporter -- -- Volkswagen Homepage http://www.volkswagen.org -- -- VW Caddy Homepage http://www.volkswagen.org/caddy -- -- USE DAVID@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG WHEN SENDIGN EMAIL --