Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Mar 1998 22:56:43 -0700
From:         "kevin@earthlink.com" <kinnes@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      sniveling lurker no more!
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Hello all! Having been a silent lurker for about 2 months, I am proud to announce the new aquisition (spelling?) of a 1982 westfalia with a 86 jetta diesel engine. I am pleased as punch with it, having just sold my 70 westi baywindow. Although I am fairly familar with the beast, having read most of whats been posted here over the last few months, its still a little wierd to open the lid and see such a different engine from my old 1600 air-cooled. Sounds a lot different too!

Anyway, I flew to Portland, OR saturday morning, paid the man, and drove it 770 miles back to Utah without so much as a hiccup. Averaged 26-31 MPG at about 60 MPH.

However, midway back here, I noticed a fuel leak. Seep actually. Where the fuel line connects with the injector 3rd from the back (dont know if that is properly numbered 2 or 3) there is a small amount of fuel that leaks from this connection. Any quick fixes?

Also, I am in need of a Bentley manual to take care of my pride and joy. Any good sources?

Cheers,

Kevin

Kevin and/or Heather

When rich speculators prosper while farmers lose thier land; when government officials spend money on weapons instead of cures; when the upper class is extravagant and irresponsible while the poor have nowhere to turn- All this is robbery and chaos. It is not in keeping with the Tao.

-Lao-tzu