Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Apr 1998 16:09:40 -0800
From:         "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET>
Subject:      Re: Head (gasket) fix
Comments: To: Bob Berkemer <berky@WIN.BRIGHT.NET>,
          vanagon List <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Bob:

How do you do the variables for the ground theory, though? It is only a rare few who have checked or augmented their ground wires.

Besides the "coolant/water" and the "inadequate ground" camps, there are also the "warm up before driving" camp., the "daily driver v. occassional driver" camp, the "easy driver v. higher rpm" camp and the "everything is random, nothing matters" camp.

I have gotten a few suggestions for the Statistical Survey Form, or whatever we'll call it. I need more feed back, though. Please send variables you think are improtant, or tell me which of those I proposed are no good or need modification. I thought of adding some for repairs: privatre rebuilt heads/ vw rebuilt heads / jb weld heads / ceramic coated heads, etc., so we can get some measure on whether one method of repair lasts longer than others.

Ian...I know nothing as far as whether the variables I have proposed are appropriate or sufficient for meaningful statistical analysis.

steve