Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Apr 1998 18:15:31 -0800
From:         Old Volks Home <jim@OLDVOLKSHOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Kelley Park
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

>>-----Original Message (Malcolm Holser)----- >>I'm going to try to go to San Jose Saturday, and get in line for KP >>on Sunday morning. I'll be driving the Syncro Doublecab to show it off >>(but not planning on entering -- no appropriate class since it ain't >>"vintage"). I'll hopefully be bringing my '80 Westy to leave in San >>Jose. Any suggestions on places possibly to stay for Saturday night, >>mebbe Sunday as well? Are all the voyagers meeting someplace to camp? At 04:17 PM 4/3/98 -0800, coyote wrote: > >I'll be there Saturday night as well, probably in a small parking spot just >south of the park. Hope to see you there! *********************************

The San Jose Gendarmes get a little nosy & quarrelsome with people parking/sleeping at or near the site the night before, so be on your guard. This is from a decade's worth of experience attending this show. The VVWCA chapter putting this on treads a very thin line with the local authorities because this event has gotten so big over the years.

I'll be at the dinner/banquet in Morgan Hill the Saturday night before and will be crashing with one of the event's main worker(s) at his place in Campbell. They and sponsors go in at 7:30 for setup. Show opens up to everyone else at 9am. Expect a BIG line (it gets longer and longer every year) and a long wait if yer planning on parking and showing your vehicle off inside. There will be parking across the street, west of the event as well.

Forcast at this moment is a chance of rain Sunday morning, but none of the local weathercasters on different Bay Area TV channels can agree what's really gonna happen because this current system coming through is so erratic. Weather Channel's no help either.

How will you spot me there? Light Yellow/Ivory 84 Westy with Too Slow, Too Bad Sticker on the rear window with blue canopy, tables, display cases and parts. Oh yeah, and a Diet Dr Pepper in my hand.

C-Yall There!

Jim Thompson 84 Westy 2.1 * 62 Beetle * 90 Fox Wagon Check out our latest cool stuff at: http://www.oldvolkshome.com ------------------------------------------- Check out the Odd, Weird, One of a Kind Items For Sale On the "OddBall Page" http://www.oldvolkshome.com/oddball.html ------------------------------------------- Our Website is totally redesigned for ease of your use. Now in "Frames" or "No Frames" format: Frames - http://www.oldvolkshome.com/frames.html No Frames - http://www.oldvolkshome.com/homenf.html ------------------------------------------- Sherwood Automotive * The Old Volks Home PO Box 176 * Palo Cedro, CA 96073-0176 (530) 221-5342 (Voice or Fax) jim@oldvolkshome.com jim96003@c-zone.net