Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Apr 1998 01:52:18 EDT
From:         Jwilli941 <Jwilli941@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help need tranny/1....
Comments: To: "loganc@innercite.com"@INNERCITE.COM
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hello Bob,

I specialize in rebuilding VW transaxles and have several '80-'83 style transaxles in my core selection. While I can rebuild one and ship to you pronto I would suggest that you try and find someone local with a good reputation. The main reason for this is the cost of shipping. I'd figure on approx. $65+ to crate and ship to you. Also, if you are in a jam for time then you'd have to add a couple of days at least for transport. Then you'd have to reship to me the core and its associated costs to avoid the core charge. (Presently that style of 091 transaxle runs me $175 at a wrecking yard). And last but not least is the human factor. While I believe that my product is one of the best that you can buy there is always the possiblity that something will not work as planned. If that should occur then with a local rebuilder you can discuss it face to face and he can check and see if it is something minor that can be adjusted without resorting to pulling the new trans out of the Van. I am more than willing to answer any questions you may have- even if you elect not to go with me. I charge $699.95 for a rebuilt 091 transaxle that comes with a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty. If you are interested in purchasing a transaxle from me or just have some questions then please do not hesistate to post me a note. Good luck with your search and I'll see you on the 'net!

Todd Hill VolksWerks Transaxles Olympia, WA