Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Apr 1998 07:37:26 -0700
From:         "Dudley Blank, MS, RPh" <kpev@EXECPC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gasoline leak foils trip to San Jose  8-(
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Austin wrote: > > At 09:08 PM 4/5/98 -0700, you wrote: > > >There was no difficulty seeing the circular "puddle" of gasoline below the > >back of the van, on the right [passenger] side, just behind and inside of > >the rear wheel. It was 10-12" in diameter, but evaporated and was gone when > >I went back about 10 min. later. > > > >So--Any ideas? > > >But it may well be something else, and I realize that the info i've been > >able to provide doesn't offer much to go on. Still, if anyone has > >suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them. > > > When the identical situation arose on my '87, it turned out to be located > where the fuel feed line goes through the bulkhead (pass. side). It > transfers through by way of a small (white) plastic fitting, and on the far > side the hose was too short & not well clamped. Longer length of hose with > a loop took care of the leak & allows for engine movement. > > Just a possibility. > > Austin > I had the exact same problem with my 87 Wolfs but it happened in October of 1988 and has been fine ever since.

Dudley Blank Cedarburg Wisconsin