Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Apr 1998 07:54:06 -0800
From:         "Kevin J. Turinsky" <turinsky@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: AllData CDROMs
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com, raven@halcyon.com

Mark:

DON'T BOTHER!!!

It's worthless, worthless, worthless!!!! (Wanna know how I really feel?)

My AllData CD arrived before I ever had even seen a Bentley. So, I was all excited to load the thing on my laptop and start checking my Syncro out from the backseat via this new wiz-bang CD! Well, after I loaded it I started to search around in the program...to find out more about my Syncro, how to diagnose problems, how to fix problems, how to do some mod's, etc. Well, after about 8 minutes I had been through the entire program! I began to wonder if maybe AllData sent me an incomplete disk! So I called them and asked them where all the information was. They asked me a few question about what I could see, and concluded that everything was, "... in perfect working order." (with a "have-a-nice-day sorta tone).

Maybe the expensive "Pro" version is of some benefit. But, I can tell you the little consumer version I purchased is pretty damn empty. Don't waste your money or the disk space it takes up on your hard drive. Stay with th e Bentley and The List.

Boy, I'd really like to explore the possibility of getting the List's archives and a search engine on CD with annual updates!! There's gotta be a way to do it. I think the biggest obstacle would be copyright problems and where the money would go.

Kevin...turinsky@juno.com "Anchored, down in Anchorage---Alaska" 61:10:42 North 149:11:11 West Elevation: 101 feet

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:32:10 -0400 Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET> writes: >Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 11:14:15 -0400 >To: Mark McCulley <raven@HALCYON.COM> >From: Derek Drew <drew@interport.net> >Subject: Re: AllData CDROMs > >I have it, but it is of inferrior quality in general. > >I don't think there is much on there that is not in the archives. > >Definitely not a complete Bentley. > >At 10:24 AM 4/5/98 -0700, you wrote: >>Anyone using the AllData CDROM products? Do they contain anything >useful >>that's not in the Bentley or available online (TSBs, recalls etc.)? >> >>-Mark McCulley >> >_____________________________________________________ >Derek Drew New York, NY & Washington DC >ConsumerSearch >drew@interport.net >212-580-6486 (W) >212-580-4459 (H) >

_____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]