Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:51:18 EDT
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@WWW.MWC.EDU>
Subject:      part request -- please help
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Hey all, I'm looking for a part for my Vanagon that it's needed for a long time. Seems like every time someone posts a Vanagon being parted out I ask for this part, then I get an "ok" message back and never hear from them again.

Hopefully someone can help me.

I'm looking for the plastic instrument cluster frame for my '81. I would imagine that these are the same '80-'91 (can anyone confirm?). I DON'T need or want the instruments or even the circuit foil. Just the plastic frame.

CONDITION: The only thing is, it must not be damaged and it MUST have all four mounting tabs (where the screws hold it to the dash). On mine, two of these tabs are broken, so the thing is a bit loose.

It also can't have any big plastic chunks missing out of it around the gauge mounting areas, as do some I've seen.

You can keep the speedometer, clock, fuel gauge, tachometer, whatever. I just need the plastic frame.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

-- Sean Bartnik Fredericksburg, Virginia 1981 Volkswagen Vanagon L Westfalia 1974 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia convertible http://www.type2.com/bartnik/myvan.htm http://www.mwc.edu/~sbart7kb/vwbooks.htm