Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:34:16 -0700
From:         "Steven X. Schwenk" <sxs@CONCENTRIC.NET>
Subject:      Head Gasket Survey Web Page
Comments: To: vanagon List <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Karl Bloss has come through again and created a page with drop-downs and all on his VW site for the head gasket survey. All you will have to do is point and click, and you're done. When I post the survey tomorrow, the URL to Karl's survey page will be there...so you can either click it and jump to Karl's survey page to complete the survey, or you can hit the reply button and type in numeric responses to the survery form posted to the list. Much thanks to Karl providing creating the page.

Thanks also for the patience of those who would prefer to hear no more about the survey. One reason for doing it is to try to get some answers to questions that appear and reappear on the list. The data on coolant type and water type, for example, will at least tell us whether these variable matter...and hence will diminish the need for future debate on the topic. Even if we do not pin point the cause of the problem or precisely how to prevent it, we will at least have good info on when failure is likely to occur, how long various repairs last and what is the most cost-effective way to repair. People can use the data to make an informed decision based on the experience of hopefully hundreds of others on how to deal with an EXPENSIVE and potentially devastating problem that afflicts all wasserboxers....which is better than relying on endless speculation based on the input of 4 or 5 people participating in a thread on the list.

Steve

Backus, Brian G wrote: ...

I will say that I don't hardly have enough time each day to sort through all these posts and stats do bore the heck out of me and quite frankely I don't see what they will tell us. ...