Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Apr 1998 16:11:32 -0400
From:         Sudhir Desai <cdes@WELCHLINK.WELCH.JHU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: demographic

okay since everybody else is telling their storey, i'll just hop on th bandwagon.

i am 18 years old, i was born at the Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD at 4:30 am on January 14, 1980. my parents had owned a Karmann-Ghia until i was born and decided to ditch it for a new peugeot wagon. in the spring of 1983, my sister was born, and that fall, my parents decided to get a minivan. they looked all around at the domestic models, but they were all too yucky (except for the chevy, it wasn't yucky but it was too big) they finally decided upon a red and white volkswagen vanagon. in 1986, my parents decided that the a/c was draining too much power from the engine, so they disconnected it. the following year(1987), the heads cracked and a replacement engined was purchased. the "new" engine, had much less spunk than the original one did, and my mom is still not happy about that. anyway, this is where i begin to enter the vanagon picture. at the time, we had the van, and a honda accord. my dad, wanted to get rid of the van and purchase another can(chevy astro). i convinced him that getting rid of the van would bring down fire from heaven and we kept it. we ended up trading the accord for a subaru wagon. the date now is jan 11 1997. the van cracked another head, and my dad really wants to get rid of it. i taalked to people on this list, and saw that people were swapping out the van engine for a better engine. so i told my dad, let's do it. so he got a jeep, and i got the van :-)

i started on the swapping project, but it's still not complete. i need some flexible radiator hose.

that's my story, adn if you didn't like it delete it cya, Sudhir H. Desai 1984 VW Vanagon 3.4 liter Chevy V-6 cdes@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu 1996 Subaru Outback 2.2 liter flat-4 sudhir_desai@geocities.com 1997 Jeep Cherokee

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1889