Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Apr 1998 07:54:05 -0700
From:         David Raistrick <keen@TIORA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Hoover Out
Comments: To: KENWILFY <KENWILFY@AOL.COM>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, KENWILFY wrote:

<snip, 'cause I aint gettin into this...>

> (to my knowledge) is also out. So I think we should proceed in the manner > suggested by Ron. Anyone else who doesn't want his (or her) stuff published > should contact Ron before a month's time has elapsed. After that we publish > the CD.

Ken, And others:

One MAJOR point you are overlooking with this "deadline" is that not everyone who has ever posted anything to the list (pre split, or after) is presently subscribed. But they still have the right to know that their work will be published, and chose to have their works included.

Furthermore, I see it wrong that WE must tell you that we dont want them included. Instead, I see it a much safer venture to only include those works REQUESTED to be included. Otherwise, you still risk infringment.

I feel you should go through the archives, get each and every address, and individualy send email to them. NO mass mailings!

Then, as the replies come in, use only the messages from people who said "yes, include my stuff." Those who do not, or cannot reply (due to no longer having email access, or differnt addresses of which you have no knowledge, etc) will by default, be in the "no" catagory. Why? Because they didnt say "Yes."

If you still do not understand this, I'm sorry, and wish the list the best of luck, after this sh^t hits the fan.

....david (who will be reaped, because the list refuses to recognise that I'm subscribed, and wont let me confirm my subscription..)