Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Apr 1998 01:17:02 -0400
From:         Donald Baxter <dbax@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Demographics, CD/archives and pettiness
Comments: To: Vanagon@vanagon.com

><snip> > >Tim as usual has things right to the point even if he is a hot head at times >8-) > >Same here, I've been on this list/lists a damn long time, never have I >considered my advice or my actual physical help to friends anything other >than free and for public domain. This whole thing saddens me, like I'd said >recently the spirit that started this thing seems dead, probably died back >about the time we split, now factions running every which way, rules by >whim, assholes flaming left and right. IT IS SAD. I WISH WE COULD ALL JUST >GET ALONG (and anyone who knows me knows how corny that is coming from me, >but I mean it) > > i certainly have been more interested in reading people demographics, even if they do turn into interesting biographies, than reading about the rights to what someone posts to the list. It seems that most of us get along quite well, in fact. The list seems to have less dissent than others I receive where people fight over treatment options and feel offended if someone is doing something different. I've been on the list for over three years now, and if someone wants to use what I have written, they are welcome (I don't have many problems with my van so I don't post much anymore--and I read it sporadically).

Perhaps it's time to get listmembers to sign a waiver to permit things like CDs of Vanagon archives to be published. A complicated task for sure. I, for one, am sorry that it won't happen--it could be quite useful to me.

Anyway, the list is still full of useful information and experiences and seems far from dead. __________________________________________________________ Donald Baxter Atlanta, Georgia dbax@mindspring.com dab1@jhk.com donald.a.baxter@cpmx.saic.com

"It's not the end of civilization--it is, however, the end of civility." --Mrs. Cage (as played by Anne Bancroft)