Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:50:56 -0700
From:         Thom Fitzpatrick <thom@CALWEB.COM>
Subject:      Re: Copyrights
Comments: To: bighouse@type2.com
Comments: cc: Veeduber@aol.com, type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com, vanagon@vanagon.com

Okay people, look. You're all pissing and moaning over copyright stuff like you just wrote the new testament or something. In real life, most of us, with a couple notable exceptions, haven't written anything new and earth shattering. Most of the information in the treasured archives could be found somewhere else, with a little digging. And 90% of the list material is rehash, because a new guy asks a question that was discussed a year ago. When I was on the vanagon list, I actually had to put "silver socket" in my filter-rules file. THe copyright thread comes back up every year or so, just like "whats that switch on the left side of my dash."

So lighten up. If you feel your works are so precious, write your *own* book and publish it. That will determinine the real value of your writings. Who knows, you could be the next danielle steele?

Lets put an end to this thread, and use the list for something constructive, like ganging up on the poor guy who wants to convert his bench to a walk-thru (just kidding) and bashing crappy repro safaris (not kidding).

BTW, wasn't there some guy in so-cal who was actually doing that for real, using walk-thru sections from junked busses? I know a kid here in town that did it.

Thom -- Thom Fitzpatrick thom@vintagebus.com - http://www.vintagebus.com