Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:31:49 -0400
From:         William Dummitt <williamd@COMPUSERVE.COM>
Subject:      Re: demographics
Comments: To: vanagon list <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Hi,

I got involved in VW's much later in life than most enthusiasts. I always liked VW campers when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, but for one reason or another never owned one. Finally in 1990 I got my first Westy as an early 40th birthday present and have been hooked ever since.

I was born in California in 1951 and my family moved back and forth between there and Arkansas. I ended up with degrees (in chemistry) from the University of Ark. and U. of Calif., Berkeley. With a background like this, it should come as no surprise that I have eclectic interests. More

than anything else, I love to travel, preferably by Bus, of course. My favorite travel destination for many years has been Alaska, where I hope to live at least part-year when I retire. I also enjoy restoring old houses,

old Corvettes (I've been working on a frame off restoration of a 59 for a

few years now), camping, photography, movies, and reading.

Despite the Berkeley background, I probably never would have qualified as a hippie-maybe just a little left of center. I've worked as a researcher for a pharmaceutical company since college graduation. I'm divorced (my ex never did like a driveway full of VW's...) with 2 kids in college. REALLY looking forward to having 2 employed kids in the near future...wonder what my chances are? :-)

Currently I'm working on a Westy syncro and a 2WD Westy but always looking for a new challenge. My home page is nearing completion at www.geocities.com/yosemite/gorge/1706-check out my newly completed VW page.

Bill