Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:38:13 -0100
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Parting Out Vanagon (Hurry!)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com, type2@type2.com

Folks,

I just bought a '83-1/2 watercooled Vanagon that got broadsided, for the value of the engine and trans. Ken Wilfy came up and pulled them for me, and the rest will end up at the local salvage yard to be crushed because I don't have room to store it.

If you need any parts off of it, let me know within the next day, before it goes to the junkyard.

Anything that I can take off myself within literally a few minutes, I'll pull and send you at a fair price. You just have to let me know before the van goes to the junkyard and it's too late. Anything that can't be removed quickly (other than the engine and trans), I'd just as soon give you for FREE (if YOU come up and pull it by Friday morning, with your tools and at your risk) rather than see it go to the crusher. (Philadelphia/Allentown area.) Heck, you can take the whole van if you want to; it rolls.

The van had a good automatic trans (already out) which I would sell for $200 if local (or a bit more if I have to crate and ship it), or would trade even-up for a good manual trans. It also has a good engine, which I'd sell for $800 complete (injection to exhaust and everything in between) if you pick it up. Otherwise I wouldn't mind saving the engine for a future project, considering how scarce good 1.9L's are. The van had 119k on the odometer, and I did hear it run (it was a daily driver until it got hit).

Thanks, Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW