Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Apr 1998 16:28:57 -0600
Comments:     Resent-From: CAnderson@vines.ColoState.EDU
Comments:     Originally-From: "Chuck Anderson" <CAnderson@vines.ColoState.EDU>
From:         CAnderson@VINES.COLOSTATE.EDU
Subject:      What's the Point? (non VW)
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Comments by: Chuck Anderson@Info@AdvanceServ Forwarded to: XMAIL[vanagon@vanagon.com] Comments:

Amen to that!

-------------------------- [Original Message] ------------------------- Disclaimer: Delete this if you're sick of the CD issue.

I've deleted a lot of the CD talk without reading it because I receive so much mail. Speaking for myself, I'm on this list because I love my Syncro which at times causes me great frustration. The list offers relief, advice, direction and humor. It's not a forum for pseudo legal dialogue. How about we start a sub-list for those who wish to discuss this. I for one, would prefer to get back to the focus of this 'community'. A week ago I couldn't imagine saying this: I want to read about head gaskets and oil filters.

If someone has an idea to develop a CD (or whatever) the onus is on that person to consult appropriate intellectual property counsel and have counsel examine the merits of their purposed project. Considering the legal questions of whether or not a copyright infringed upon is not function of this list

I stand proud to be a member of this list and its intended role. I'm supportive of the administrators and their contributions, regardless of any IDEAS they may have set forth in writing. To my knowledge, no one has said for certain, they intend to make a CD and sell it. If that happens, discuss it at that time. It was an idea to help mechanical morons like me!

Flame me if you wish or lets get back to the purpose of our community.

Paul 86 Syncro - (needing advice because it has)190K