Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:39:01 -0700
From:         "Backus, Brian G" <Brian.Backus@PSS.BOEING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need Suggestions for Craftsman Tool Set (NO Vanagon Content)
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM, Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@WWW.MWC.EDU>

Oh this is fun.

Look, I don't think that your abilility at this time is the issue. The issue is how many times over the course of your life, from this day on, will you have to go, buy or beg or borrow the tool that didn't come in the Craftsman Kit that you picked out?

IMHO you should buy the biggest, and best kit that you can afford. The more you spend up front now, the more you get at a reduced rate. This means that you just might have that 22 mm combo wrench that wouldn't have came in the less expensive kit that you thought you wouldn't ever need. You might not need to use it on your VW but remember. These tools work on lots more that VWs. What about that sump pump that quits suring a storm. What about the Lawn mower? Tools are not just for VWs.

I'd say a Couple grand is in order here:~)