Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:55:19 -0700
From:         "CARVER, JEFFREY D" <Jeffrey.Carver@AEROJET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Demographics
Comments: To: Vanagon <VANAGON@VANAGON.COM>

A real quick synopsis here. 42 at last check. Second vehicle owned (1978) is a 1967 VW Squareback, still have it, not running, parked about 6 years ago due to overheating. First car Fiat 128 sedan. Grew up in Sacramento, CA, graduated ('78) and ended up at Boeing in Seattle, bought 4 more aircooled vehicles. '64 Deluxe, slow and rusty, but utterly reliable, loved this bus. '67 Deluxe, utterly UN-reliable, hated that bus. '64 Baha, got cheap, sold high; '71 Honda CB350 motorcycle. First date with wife was in her car as only working vehicle was the motorcycle! See kept me, even so! Sold everything except Squareback, bought '76 ASI Camper, drove the US and Canada for 5 months as our honeymoon, after enjoying the Olympics in Los Angeles in 1984. Rolled the bus in black ice Manitoba, thawed it out, drove back to Seattle. Insurance totaled it, bought a '80 Westi, had been drooling over one since it came out. Lived in Arizona for about a year and a half, drove ALL over that state in the Westi. Moved to California, had a pair of boys (10) join us, and eventually a girl (6) too. Had some problems with missing/bad parts on the '80, so bought another '80, for exhaust parts. Got my dad's '64 Ford F100 Crewcab (Ford didn't make them until '65 as F250 & F350). Grew up with this truck. Thus my love of crewcabs, would have a VW crew, but I have a crew already. If I ever get a website, it'll be devoted to crewcabs of all makes and years. Have a '87 Subaru Gl 4WD wagon with about 240K on it, a '66 Kombi I got recently, and a '98 Nissan Quest when the kids got too big for the Subaru. I know, I know, we shoulda gotten a Vanagon. My SO is VERY particular about driving position, and that ended that. Wish a non-camper EV had been available, may have been able to talk her into that. Been driving the '80 Westi daily for many years, but I am now in the market for an older bus, 21/23 window deluxe. We haven't camped in years, & I don't drive freeways, love Deluxes, thus the intended change in busses.

- Jeff Iwanna21/23windowsunroofDeluxewalkthru! to be used for daily driving '80 Westi (2) BOTH FOR SALE Sale pending on non-running '80, needs transport to Utah '66 Bus, Kombi FOR SALE see them at: http://ebus.simplenet.com/Volkswagen/classifieds/classifieds.htm '22 Piano, upright Kohler & Cambell FOR SALE '67 Sqbk '64 Ford Crewcab '87 Subaru 4WD '97 Nissan Quest Grass Valley, California, USA Jeffrey.Carver@Aerojet.com