Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Apr 1998 22:41:27 -0800
From:         Kevin J Turinsky <turinsky@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAGAZ Seat Covers - Get Model 20
Comments: To: alain@intergate.bc.ca, vanagon@vanagon.com

Howdy Volks:

SAGAZ, unfortunately does NOT include covers for the arm rests. However, they DO include headrest covers that could be made into arm rest covers! NOW, there's an idea!!!

SAGAZ does NOT make seat covers for the rear seats.That's what the woman on the phone told me. They do make lots of rear seat covers, perhaps one will fit. I bet you could get one of their covers to fit. I guess it depends if you have a regular width vanagon rear seat or a Westie rear seat, which is more narrow. If you have a dealer near you, I'd just drive your rig over there and start trying them on. If not, then...call SAGAZ again and give them your measurements. I mean dimensions. :~)

I have furry dogs, so I use the rear benchseat cover by ORVIS. It's great. My wet, muddy dogs can jump around on the seat, and the original upholstery, with only 19,000 mile on it, stays perfect! Also try seat covers offered by Cabala's Sporting Goods. Cabala's has a huge catalog, and offers "sportsman" type bench seat covers like you find at your FLAPS. Now, if your covering your seats for humans, not dogs, well then ORVIS and Cabalas probably aren't the way to go. I don't know what to tell you then. Try your Flaps, or maybe the bench seat covers Sew-Fine makes for the Type-2's will fit Vanagon rear seats. Does anyone know about this?

Have a nice weekend everyone. It's still Friday night out here.

Anyone besides John H. Rogers driving up to Alaska this year? The season's starting early!!!

Kevin...turinsky@juno.com "Anchored, down in Anchorage---Alaska"

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 21:59:02 -0700 Alain Thibault <alain@intergate.bc.ca> writes: >Kevin J Turinsky wrote: >> >> To whomever wrote to me about Sagaz seat covers: >> >> Sorry, but your message and address got erased. However, I did check >to >> see what model #/size fits the Vanagon. Have a local store order >SIZE 20. >> They fit perfectlly! >> >> Kevin...turinsky@juno.com >> "Anchored, down in Anchorage---Alaska" >> >> >_____________________________________________________________________ >> You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. >> Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com >> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] >Hi Kevin, >I am the one who started that thread. Is Sagaz #20 for front seat with >arm rests ? Would you also have the number for the back seat ? >Thanks a lot for your help >Alain Thibault >Westfalia 1991 >