Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Apr 1998 14:28:55 -0400
From:         RGOLEN@UMASSD.EDU
Subject:      Going Back to Wolfsburg (again) in June
Comments: To: vintagvw%sjsuvm1.bitnet@interbit.cren.net, type2@type2.com,
          vanagon@vanagon.com, newbug@lists.best.com

Hi folks,

I'm heading back to Germany in June with a group of 11 of my students. We're going to Stuttgart, Munich, WOLFSBURG, and Frankfurt... Another Prof and I started these trips last year. He teaches German language and culture, and I do some stuff on international business focusing on Germany, and our students get 6 credits.

We'll be over there for two weeks. Of course we're hitting Mercedes and BMW to visit their facilities and museums like last year....but this year we're doing Wolfsburg with the whole crew (last year it was an optional side trip).

Thursday, the factory and museum faxed me and they have arranged guided tours of both places and lunch at the factory dining hall! So it's time to save up some $$$ for more toys from the factory store!

I was over there in January and visited Hannover and Wolfsburg. It was interesting that the kiosk at the visitor's center was prevented from selling any more "Concept 1" toys. Word was from upper management that the car is now the "New Beetle" and the kiosk will sell only "New Beetle" paraphenalia. So I'll have to see what they have. Hopefully they will have some of the stuff on the New Beetle (germany) web-site.

In January, I also picked up a 1/48 scale split window bug. The bug has a little computer chip and when a button is pressed on the roof of the bug it makes a starting noise, and then it makes the same sounds as my '56 running thru the gears....it lasts about 15 seconds. I'll have to get a few more of those....

If anyone is interested in any stuff from the museum or factory store, let me know, and I can see what I can do.

Ric