Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Apr 1998 20:09:10 -0700
From:         Barbara Sutton/Cris Torlasco <bsutton@GLADSTONE.UOREGON.EDU>
Subject:      '46 Type I FS
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com, WetWesties <Wetwesties@vanagon.com>

Hi all: For anyone interested in old (I mean OLD) bugs, there is a 1946 for sale for $5,000. I spoke to the guy today, who told me that the car was one of only seven brought to the country in that year, by G.I.'s. This was probably the first year bugs were brought to the US, so I might be refering to the oldest bug in the continent. In any case, I can't afford it, and maybe there is someone who can in the list. The car is not running, but comes with all its original equipment, including a 25HP engine. According to the guy, everything is there. The phone number is (541)353-2564 (The location is Boy, in eastern OR) He has a '61 Bug for 5,000 also. Hope this helps someone. Cris. '91 Westie "Fafner" '65 Standard (My same age) The WetWesties Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/~torlasco/WetWesties.html