Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Apr 1998 04:30:51 -0500
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: REPOST! ECU CHIP AND ROCKERS UPGRADE!!!!
Comments: To: Scott McDonell <scott@KONNECTIONS.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I'd likew to know how the $825 is broken down into the 3 facets of the kit; rockers, pushrods, and chip. Performance chips for cheys can be bought for under$100 just about anywhere, and figure $225 for the ratio rockers, that leaves $600 for the chip. Who's zoomin' who? MPG info on new kit would be helpful as well. Torque increase? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Suirrel

---------- > From: Scott McDonell <scott@KONNECTIONS.COM> > To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: REPOST! ECU CHIP AND ROCKERS UPGRADE!!!! > Date: Tuesday, April 14, 1998 4:53 PM > > I'm with Derek. Kyle should create a page off his website that has the dyno > results, specifics on each component, and a easy to find [ORDER] button. > > The first thing I'd like to know is how I ascertain that I have the correct > 022D ECU that Kyle mentions. > > Scott > > Derek Drew wrote: > > > Kyle, you are sitting on a goldmine here, but you have to tweek credibility > > to open the floodgates. > > > > Why don't you send a loaner up to Dennis Haynes for an impartial > > analysis/test. All you have to do is get some testimonials from the list > > heavyweights and we will all buy these from you. You will get 50 orders, I > > bet. But you need 3rd party verification. > > > > I had indeed forgotton about this post, and you are right to repost it > > pointing out that it was not a joke. But we need to get some > > engineering-related discussions going. > > > > Why don't you reformulate your post so that it discusses all the issues. A > > post like this is so outrageous, you need to give us a lot, like, 5 pages > > of analysis on it.You've got to jumpstart us onto this topic. I might > > consider installing it, but any list heavyweight will do. > > > > Also, stop reporting that 30% horsepower increase figure without backing it > > up better. You strain credibility by quoting an outrageous figure like that > > without backing it up. > > > > If you say you have dyno test results you can report, then report them. > > > > Hey, listies, has Kyle lost his marbles here or what? > > > > At 01:07 PM 4/14/98 -0700, you wrote: > > >> > > >> Listees, > > >> > > >> Below is the original POST from 4/1/98. IT WAS NOT an April Fools > > Joke!!! > > >> > > >> The info is true, I will be able to prduce this "Kit" for anyone who > > wants it and has the correct ecu, (025 906 022D!) > > >> > > > > > > REPOST!!! > > > > > > > > >> I've successfully completed our first ECU chip upgrade (022d ECU's > > >> ONLY!) along withinstallation of Ratio Rockers and a set of Chromoly > > >> push rods. > > >> > > >> I'm putting together a "Kit" of the necessary parts to do this > > >> "Upgrade". > > >> > > >> The kit will include; > > >> > > >> ECU Prom Chip > > >> Chromoly Pushrods cut to correct length > > >> Gene Berg Ratio Rockers. > > >> > > >> The install of this will require someone that can adjust Hydraulic > > >> Valves correctly and someone that can open up the ECU and remove the > > >> Prom chip and install the "Upgrade Chip". > > >> > > >> There will be a small amount of instructions included with the "kit" > > >> but for the most part if the person installing the rocker has done it > > >> before on any other Hydraulic VW engine it should be straight forward. > > >> > > >> The "Kit" price will be $825.00 Plus S&H. > > >> > > >> I have Dyno Specs to show the increases this will give, and you'll get > > >> even more performance if you use triple electrode plugs, a K&N filter > > >> and Magna Core wires. > > >> > > >> From the seat of my friends pants he would say about a 30% increase in > > >> power in his SYNCRO SINGLE CAB. He has also been carrying a bunch of > > >> tools with him and hasn't had a chance to run it "Unloaded. > > >> > > >> Yes a Single Cab Syncro weighs less than a Westy or even a 7-9 > > >> passenger vanagon, but the fact remains the same, A great deal of Horse > > >> Power increase and that's what many of US are looking for!! > > >> > > >> If you're interested in one of these kits, I need to confirm a number > > >> of people so I can do the first run of kits. > > >> > > >> I'm ready to do this, I have all the knowledge and tooling to do this, > > >> I just need to know how many people want a kit?? > > > > > >-- > > > > > > Kyle Wade (408) 426-1431 OR (408) 429-9424 > > > Keeper of the Volks-Motorsports page > > > Home Page - http://www.volks-motorsports.com > > > ICQ # 3882975 > > > > > ________________________________________________________ > > Derek Drew New York, NY & Washington, DC > > drew@interport.net > > '90 Syncro Westfalia... > > ...seen off-road at http://www.tiu.net/~des/vw/drew/index.html > > Note: most valuable Vanagon site on the planet (for owners) is > > http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?S1=vanagon