Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Apr 1998 19:21:26 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes57@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC-DC converter and battery charger question
Comments: To: tada_y@AKW05.KHI.CO.JP, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Look in both Camping World and E+B Marine catalogues. They will have the proper equipment for your task. The marine industry has excellent battery chargers that will charge and maintain multiple banks of batteries and still keep them isolated. The RV converters will supply a load directly from the converter and provide a small charging current to 1 bank of batteries. A relay or switch can be used to charge the engine battery. These chargers have excellent filters to power TV's and computer equipment. A 30 amp unit should be more than adequate for the Vanagon.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- From: Y Tada <tada_y@AKW05.KHI.CO.JP> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Tuesday, April 14, 1998 2:08 AM Subject: AC-DC converter and battery charger question