Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Apr 1998 16:49:29 -0400
From:         Marcus Elia <Marcus_Elia@PCBE.EDU.ON.CA>
Subject:      My bike racks
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

(Euro)van(agon) folks:

Bike rack stuff:

First of all, if there is a Eurovan owner out there who would like a _deal_ on a Paulchen heavy-duty back-rack, this might be for you. My father-in-law crashed his Eurovan Westie in Mexico last year and in addition to a lot of other bent stuff, his Paulchen rack was slightly bent out of shape. His insurance paid for a new one, so he gave me the old one. I thought about cutting it down to size to use on my Vanagon, but my current rack does the job just fine. So, if there are any Ontario EV'ers out there interested, give me a call @705-750-0810 (Peterborough).

Second thing: I already have a back-rack, which came with the van when I bought it (along with a pair of tall Thules!). The thing is, there are no labels on it, and everytime another Vanagoner asks me what kind of rack it is, all I have to offer is the dumb look on my face. The P.O. doesn't remember where he got it. Can you identify my rack from this description? -unpainted aluminum tube construction -twin bike-tracks (like Paulchen's) that fold up (no bumper-stands) -flat hook-type mounts on top, smaller clamp-type mounts on bottom (both rubber-coated) -foam-rubber-coated, swing-down arm on upper cross member

Do you know this rack? The people who ask me all the time what it is would be better off, and I would have yet another factoid for my personal enjoyment. ; )

Thanks,

Marcus Elia '84 Westy (Dela)