Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Apr 1998 20:47:23 -0400
From:         Patrick Dooley <pdooley@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: 90 Syncro Westy clunker
Comments: To: Tim Smith <smitht@UNB.CA>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Tim, my friend had a driveaxle rebuilding shop, and I can safely say that rebuilt axles from discount flappers are a waste of money. I'm talking low end/reused/questionable parts passed off as "rebuilt". And one thing I have learned from experience, not all CV boots are equal. Remans use the bottom of barrel. Of course, there is a thousand miles between us, and maybe things are different where you are. I hope so.

-----Original Message----- From: Tim Smith <smitht@UNB.CA> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Thursday, April 23, 1998 8:28 PM Subject: 90 Syncro Westy clunker