Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Apr 1998 21:55:44 -0400
From:         Patrick Dooley <pdooley@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: So whose souping up there van?? (LONG: but worth reading)
Comments: To: Joseph Tu <joe@GREENCASTLE.EXTERN.UCSD.EDU>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hey Joe, enjoyed reading your post. One thing that caught my attention was your mention of Nology spark plug wires. Not trying to be an a##hole, but I have heard these are crap from people who know. People that actually race fast cars and back up EVERYTHING they recommend with dynode results. The capacitor crap is a gimmick. It doesn't do anything. Really, I have friends putting 2600LB 4 cylinder cars into the 10's with factory ignition components. These same people have tested Nology wires and called their bluff. These same people have tested many other "miracle" products and done the same. Ever wonder how Tectonics took a 16V vw motor and got 550 HP out of it with the stock ignition? Because the stock ignition is up to the task. A good tune up will give anyone more gains than any fancy spark plug wire. Feel free to flame if you must, public or private, I'm up to the debate. Again, not trying to be a jerk or make you feel stupid, but I've heard so many bad things about these wires I couldn't stay quite. OK, here's an idea.....get some NEW OEM wires, put them in place of the Nologys and see if you can tell any difference. I didn't think so.

-PSD