Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Apr 1998 00:36:40 EDT
From:         Benjita <Benjita@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Retrofitting power steering-is it worth it?
Comments: To: ROGunter@aol.com, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Good catch Russell:-)

What you say here is very true, but really does not amount to much more work, as long as you have the replacement shaft and universal joints. Which I do. It probably took me 2 minutes to remove the P/S shaft from the doner van. Good info though for the archives. Perhaps I will do a little write up for the list after the conversion. Mabye I'll just write a book called how to buy a Wolsfburg Syncro Westfalia (even though they don't exist) and retrofit a locking rear differential (done), Power Steering, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power/Heated Mirrors, and a full camping Interior:-)

Cory '86 Ex-Wolfsburg Syncro Westfalia