Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:32:23 -0700
From:         JT <julio@INTERGATE.BC.CA>
Subject:      new beetle
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Yah, Yah I know the new beetle has nothing to do with vanagons, but its still a volkswagen right? I just wanted to let everyone know on how pleased I am with the new beetle. I made the half hour trip from home to a volkswagen dealer here in town that call themselves "your westy headquarters". They always have alot of vans for sale. They had about 10 vanagons and 40 eurovans of various years and models., anyway as you all know Ive posted my requests on "what year vanagon to buy" so I was out looking. Anyway after looking at their highly overpriced westy's (ex. $10,995cdn for a '84 westy with 180,000km and a beat up interior.) We decided to go look at the beetle. It was very, very nice! I just loved it. I took the 2.0L five speed out for a spin, it was GREAT. Just like old times in my '63 beetle, but with tons of power, it handled excellent and the tranny shifted smoothley. it was very comfortable and everyone on the street looked at it and pointed, this car truly rules!!! I pulled up to a guy in a restored Mach1 Mustang and he was looking at ME! The new beetle is truly a new legend. Going to have to trade in the wife's 95 golf for a '98 beetle. Well their's my report.

Julio T ( a little bit happier today after the test drive, but still hungry for a vanagon westy!)

Vancouver B.C.

[text/html]