Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Apr 1998 15:48:39 -0400
From:         Erik O <koesel@UAKRON.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Joel/Posting Patterns/ Vanagon Disease
Comments: To: "Vanagon@VANAGON.COM" <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

Erik O gets a demerit for tricking us into looking at a > doctored photo of a shortened Vanagon by putting up the headline, "VW > Releases "mini" Vanagon Westfalia," thus tricking us into thinking there > might be a metal toy coming instead of a doctored photo of a shortened > Vanagon on his Website (granted he apologized).

Humm. I don't know if I should feel flattered that I was the only newer listmember specifically named here or feel ashamed. To find the answer to that question I decided to check out my post history for myself. I've been on this list for a couple years now and to date I have posted 90 times. Out of those I found only 6 to be of any value to others. I guess I answered my own question. (Erik O hides his face in shame!)

In order to make up for the poor quality of my postings I have decided to start up something that Tim Smith and I were discussing a month or so ago before the list CD issue started. Our idea was to ask all listmembers past and present to review their postings and submit them for inclusion in our Vanagon list "Knowledge Base". All you have to do is search the archives under your email addresses you've posted to the list with before. Save the html file as yourname1.htm (yourname2, yourname3, ect.) and forward them to me. (Yes, I want to handle this traffic as repayment for my pointless postings from the past.) In the email with the attached files try to categorize the html files as to what topics you think they apply to. I will then sort, categorize, and list them on MY website for testing, view able to everyone. Then when things are running smoothly and the Knowledge Base starts to become useful they can be moved to the Vanagon List server, with everyone's approval of course. I've done mine and now it's your turn.

Lets please not get into copyright discussions or anything as of recently about this. Lets just get this started by the people who want to review their own posts and contribute the significant ones. I would like to suggest that by submitting your articles to the Knowledge Base you agree that the Vanagon Mailing List is allowed to sell advertising (a small amount, vw related) on the Knowledge Base website for the sole and only purpose of supporting the list. Other issues involving this project can be discussed on the Knowledge Base website after I receive a few contributions.

I've already started, weeded through my posts. Now it's time for everyone else to do it. I am not going to post this to the list under a separate subject. Someone else must do it in order to "second" this idea. Just copy the relevant text from this message and add something if needed. All mail can be sent to mailto:kb@ebyte.com -- _______________________ Erik O Akron, Oh 82 GTI Westfalia http://ebyte.com/gl http://ebyte.com/wow