Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:42:45 EDT
From:         KENWILFY <KENWILFY@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Report on Campbelltown Meet
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Well I had a really good time at the Campbelltown meet on Saturday. It took us an extra 2 hours to get there (4 and a half total!) due to poorly marked turn offs in Delaware. Made enough money at the show to pay our expenses of the trip and to buy a couple of tee-shirts so I was fairly happy. Finally met Chris Turner in the flesh (JordanVW). Seems like a nice guy. Since he is such a collector of Vanagons I was happy that he thought my Carat was very nice. The van worked flawlessly to and from the show. My favorite vehicles: '98 TDI Beetle Eurovan Crew Cab Vanagon Crew Cab (both vans had the same owner) Breadloaf Crew Cab Some very nice Corrados '81 Extended Cab VW Caddy GTI (Rabbit Pickup) (slightly modified :) - FS for only $3900! My least favorite vehicles: A Westy Synchro that was so cluttered with modified interior (owner designed cabinets to hold his microwave, tv, etc) that you couldn't even turn around in the thing :( Raggedy Beetle for sale next to me for $1000! (they sold it within the first hour of getting to the show too!) Thats about it. I noticed that almost all of the older cars (beetles, things, etc.) I could find at least one spot on even the most dressed up ones where you could visually see rust. In most cases it might just be a fine line but this just shows you what a fight it is to keep these cars alive in the North East. Well hopefully be seeing some more of you at Carlisle, PA in May. Ken Wilford John 3:16