Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:02:44 -0500
From:         "Ron Salmon, The Bus Depot" <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Haynes Manual Update
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Just a quick update on the Haynes manual group purchase. The manuals have been in New York for over a week now, but the freight forwarding company has yet to get them the final 120 miles from New York to here in Pennsylvania. This despite numerous phone calls, and false claims on their part that they were already en route. The latest claim is that I'll have them tomorrow or Wednesday. It will take a few days for me to get them all shipped out once they arrive, so I'd say that you'll probably start seeing them near the end of this week.

For what it's worth, the name of the company is Quality Custom Brokers in Jamaica, NY. I would strongly advise that anyone ordering products from overseas avoid any air freight carrier who is using Quality. I've never seen such poor service or blatant disregard for the customer. To add insult to injury, not only did they sit on the books for over a week, but when I called (four times) even the owner of the company made it clear that he didn't give a sh*t that I was pissed off about the delay. I think it's ridiculous that the manuals are taking longer to get from N.Y. to Pa. than they took to get from England to N.Y., and I plan to tell Haynes that next time I order from them.

In any event, hopefully it will be well worth the wait. Sorry to have been letting off steam. :-)

-Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com