Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:20:51 -0400
From:         Felix Martel <felixm@TOTAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Roof racks for Westies and Eurobagos
Comments: To: Thing Guy <ThingGuy@aol.com>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

That's the reason you need the gutter replacement plates. They're about 4"wide by 2" high and simulate a gutter for the rack to mate. The kit costs about $50CDN (which is pretty steep) and comes with rubber gaskets and the correct bolts and locknuts. Anyone who works in a metal shop could easily fabricate them. The kit was originally intended for fiberglass boxes on pick-up trucks, but works great for pre-'92 Westies and Eurobagos (that have a fiberglass top with steep sides). '92-? Westies based on the Eurovan had the roof that was barely higher than the original van's, and these brackets wouldn't work.

I'll try and find the Thule part number for the brackets and post them...

-----Message d'origine----- De : Thing Guy <ThingGuy@aol.com> À : felixm@TOTAL.NET <felixm@TOTAL.NET>; Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date : 28 avril, 1998 18:43 Objet : Re: Re: Roof racks for Westies and Eurobagos