Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:11:41 -0400
From:         Michael Sullivan <sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trip Report - Jackson, WY to Moab, UT (and Questions)
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Not that hard to do:

- remove the two screws holding the fuse "box" to the body.

- Move the fuse box as far down and out-of-the-way as possible.

- you will see the wire harness coming from the door, behind where the fuse box was.

- there will be one to five or so plastic electrical connectors emanating from the door wiring harness.

- disconnect all plastic electric connectors (matching up will be easy, as they will each have unique connectors)

- pull the wires through the body near the door hinge opening

- pull the old rubber boot over the now loose wires

- install the new rubber boot over those loose wires

- reverse the above process

Cheers,

MJS

At 08:46 AM 4/28/98 -0600, Stephen Jones wrote:

>4. I have had multiple electical failures in my driver side door.

>I fixed them by running new wire, but I think I have found the source

>of the problem. This will be tough to describe, but I will try.

>On my passenger side door, the hose (?) that the wires run through

>is connected on both ends. Opening the door stretches the hose,

>closing causes the hose to contract on itself. On the drivers side

>door, the upper portion of the hose is not connected, thus when the

>door shuts it collapses on itself and the wires get bent. Now, the

>area where this hose is located is very tight. Has anyone replaced

>this item or fixed a problem in this area? It appears that you

>would have to remove a significant portion of the fuse box and

>associated wiring to access this area. Any thoughts, ideas,

>suggestions appreciated.

<bold>Michael J. Sullivan

</bold><italic>Director of Catalog Design

Open Market, Inc.

</italic>

work: http://www.openmarket.com

play: http://www.hsdesign.com