Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:11:41 -0400
From:         Michael Sullivan <sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM>
Subject:      Re: more on need hatch for 89
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I just did nearly the same thing myself -- installed the power "guts" and lockset of a 91 hatch into my 87 non-power hatch. Problems? Drilling holes to mount the frame that holds the power lock dan routing 3-wire harness to front of van. More problematic was the sliding door -- much more involved than the rear hatch.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to pmail me.

Cheers,

MJS

At 04:34 PM 4/29/98 -0400, Mark Schrope wrote:

>Sorry to have been too unorganized to get all these questions into my

>original post on finding a used hatch for my 89. I currently have power

>locks and a wiper on the hatch. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to

>transfer these things to an older hatch that didn't have them originally.

>If so, any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

>mark

>89 Wolfsburg

>Mark Schrope

>Virginia Institute of Marine Science

>PO Box 1346

>Route 1208, Greate Road

>Gloucester Point, VA 23062

>(804)684-7220 [office] (804)684-7675 or 7007 [labs]

>(804)684-7250 [fax]

<bold>Michael J. Sullivan

</bold><italic>Director of Catalog Design

Open Market, Inc.

</italic>

work: http://www.openmarket.com

play: http://www.hsdesign.com