Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Apr 1998 22:10:14 EDT
From:         GMBulley <GMBulley@AOL.COM>
Subject:      tired of crash thread? How about tires!

To those who still have Passenger-car tires on their Van/Bus:

GET RID OF THEM! Get 6-ply or 8-ply tires today.

Suzanne and I bought our 1976 self-camperized Bus about a year ago. We have *put up* with the Yokahama 701's the previous owner had put on just before selling. Too much tread to get rid of, right? Wrong.

When one of the belts sepreated on the poor overloaded rear tires, I decided to replace the whole lot. Bought 4 Yokahama Y356's 8ply, Load range D from Tire Rack: $54 per, delivered. Not bad.

Shopped around a bit for install: beware!!! Lot of folks out to screw you on install costs. No kidding, found a joint that wanted $39.00 PER TIRE to install/balance!!! Paid $52.00 w/lifetime balance. :)

Oh my heavens...WHAT A DIFFERANCE! So stable. So responsive!

No more wandering aimlessly from lane to lane. No more leaning over in the turns. No more butt-pucker when passing. Sue is in bliss.

Thanks for all of you who have chewed the tire thread in the past. It made my decision for me. It also made our very quiet and very warm bus, also very stable.

Thanks,

gmbulley cary, nc Now followed by a nonsense pictogram that makes no sense because my font and browser are different from yours: