Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:01:42 -0400
From:         Gary Clendening <garyc@SATURN.CAPS.MAINE.EDU>
Subject:      Newfoundland Trip details
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Any more interest in going to Newfoundland this summer? The ferry trip from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland is about $200 round trip (almost 200 miles round trip!) and the drive could be 2000 miles on the island to see everything. I can print up a plan for the list if you wish.

Some final costs from our last trip to those on a budget. We stayed out for six weeks. Spent 15 nites for free in various places; five nites with reletives in Cleveland, and the remaining 20 nites were for money.

Camping sites cost us $303 for 15 nites and motels sent us back $85 for two nites. Most of our fees were due to "off season rates". Average actual cost per nite was $17 for the camp sites and $43 for the motels. Stayed at a great place in North Ft Myers, FL for $90 the week; it was clean, roomy, with uncrowded facilities Even an air conditioned library for wet nites/days. Great pool and whirlpool, too. The only hitch was that it was a seniors park...we had to come with no kids. Called the Raintree Resort right on Rt 41. It's near the Shell Factory with its beautiful fountain show (if you like this sort of entertainment at nite). From here we were within 100 miles of Everglades, sugar farms, orange groves, beaches and mostly we sat back in the park and r-r-r-r-ested...

G and B Gary and Belle from Hallowell, ME garyc@saturn.caps.maine.edu '72 Westy (gone to iron oxide) '97 EVC "Flying Carpet"