Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 May 1998 10:03:28 -0700
From:         David Bayer <bayer@SYBASE.COM>
Subject:      Diesel mounts
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Hello- For a while now, I have been trying to figure out how to retain my syncro skid plate if I change the engine over to an inline gas or diesel engine (had that TD purchase come up before I bought new pcs I would probably have gone with the group purchase). Anyway, I haven't been very successful finding a diesel van to crawl under to look at how the engine mounts work and thus have no idea how much fabrication will be involved to add a bar to which the skid plate can attach... The photos in the bentley in the engine removal section is about the best shots I have seen so far (and I really cannot figure out what is what in those black and white snapshots). Maybe someone out there can help.

The best thing I could think of would be if someone with access to a scanner or digital camera (and who also has the diesel mounts on their van), could snp a few pictures from underneath of the mounts, both where they attach to the frame and to the engine, and a picture of any cross member that may or may not exist... If these could go up on a web page, that would be great, otherwise I would happily ftp or recieve them via email if anyone has the time, the tools, and the desire to do this for me.

dave