Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 May 1998 18:50:21 EDT
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@WWW.MWC.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Manassas Camping?
Comments: To: Lawrence Johnson <ljohnson@HALHINET.ON.CA>
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com
              May 5, 98 6:46 pm

> > Listees, > I trust that the entire east coast is meeting at Manassas on May 24. > Where are you all camping? And don't tell me about your favourite > WalMart or gravel pit. As we understand it, this is your Memorial Day > holiday weekend and even the gravel pit will be full so we better plan. > Now planning does not come naturally to your northern neighbours (Canuk > spelling) but we'll make an exception for the Manassas meet. > > Is there any camping on the Manassas grounds? Alternately, is there a > preferred camping grounds nearby? Trailer parks only if we must. > IMPORTANT! The Bug-Out at Manassas is NOT on Memorial Day. Rather, as mentioned above, it is May 24th, the weekend before Memorial Day. Buses on the Blue Ridge, however, is indeed on Memorial Day weekend.

As for Manassas, I plan to be there -- it will be good to see you again Larry :-) -- hope you can camp a week and come to Buses on the Blue Ridge too.

Unfortunately I'm not sure about pre-event camping. I don't know what's in the area.

-- Sean Bartnik Fredericksburg, Virginia 1981 Volkswagen Vanagon L Westfalia 1974 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia convertible http://www.type2.com/bartnik/myvan.htm http://www.type2.com/bartnik/tech.htm