Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 May 1998 00:34:11 EDT
From:         SyncroHead <SyncroHead@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Syncro Safari Sets New Records!
Comments: To: SyncroSafari@vanagon.com, Vanagon@vanagon.com

Hi all,

Well we did it! The Syncro Safari, Moab '98, is about 3 weeks behind us and I've just now found a few moments to write a few lines about it. Much more to come later.

I for one had a great time and think the other Syncro Safarinauts did as well. As expected we set new North American records for Syncro gatherings.

SORT Record (Syncros Off-Road Together) New Record: 5, 4-9-98 We had FIVE Syncros succeed ad tackling the "Top Of The World Trail" together. This was a great trek and we were rewarded by a truely spectacular view from the top of a 2,000' (est) cliff. It truely did make you feel like you were on top of the world! The record setting Syncronauts & Syncros were:

Steve & Jo Ann Wacker, s_j_wacker@JUNO.COM, 86 Syncro, blue Brian Kraft, bhkraft@gj.net, 86 Syncro Camper GL, white Tom & Jean Ann Kirk, TkJa@aol.com, 89 Syncro GL, white Dennis & Scott Wacker, SYNCRO3@JUNO.COM, 87 GL Syncro, white Jim & Yvonne Davis, Syncrohead@aol.com, 87 GL Syncro, grey

SIOP Record (Syncros In One Place) New Record: 6, 4-8-98 We had SIX Syncros all parked together at the Gold Bar campsite near Moab. We have pictures to prove it too! The record setting Syncronauts & Syncros were:

Steve & Jo Ann Wacker, s_j_wacker@JUNO.COM, 86 Syncro, blue Brian Kraft, bhkraft@gj.net, 86 Syncro Camper GL, white Tom & Jean Ann Kirk, TkJa@aol.com, 89 Syncro GL, white Dennis Wacker, SYNCRO3@JUNO.COM, 87 GL Syncro, white Jim & Yvonne Davis, Syncrohead@aol.com, 87 GL Syncro, grey Scott Wacker, no email address, 86 Syncro, gold

A few other Syncros were in town also, but not part of our group.

Bill Fryer and his wife from Las Vegas, NV. Bill stopped by the campsite briefly to meet some Syncronauts and I expected to see him and his 86 GL Syncro again, but didn't. Bill, I hope I didn't scare you off?

Peter ? (forgot last name) from Teluride Colorado with a white Syncro Camper with a 2.2L Subaru engine, ala Kennedy installation kit.

Another white Syncro with an unidentified driver. He got away before I could track him down, when I had to stop for a light!

A dark tan colored Transporter panel van - must have been from Canada I guess.

A Syncro that's owned by one of the Red Rock 4-Wheelers club members in Moab. She went on the top of the world trip and said "I wouldn't have taken my Syncro up here. I didn't know they could do this."

This makes a total of 11 Syncros in Moab on 4-8-98, but since they weren't all "together" I don't suppose I could claim any record for this one.

Happy Trails, Jim Davis