Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 May 1998 15:26:45 -0400
From:         John Anderson <vwbus@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: for sale; 87 syncro, the story.
Comments: To: Modl6971 <Modl6971@aol.com>, vanagon@vanagon.com

>for me, as a buyer. Especialy at the Dallas or the Oklahoma city auctions, >they were really cheap. Different parts of the country just have different >markets I guess. If you are ever in Europe, you will be amazed just how >extreemly expensive the used car market is over there. Well John, I suggest >buying those syncro's cheap in your part of the woods, refurbish them, and >sell them here in the northwest for a nice proffit. Michael.

I want to apologize for jumping on Michael as well, and funny thing is I know exactly what he means. 2 years ago my ex-fiance was cruising cross country in her still under warranty Subaru Legacy (ack!!) had a small problem and was in Kansas or Oklahoma, had to drive like 400 miles out of her way just to find a damn SUBARU dealership. My sister just got stationed at Ft. Sill with her Subaru and is in the same boat, course not much call for a 4wd Impreza in the heartland, people must think she's crazy. I was in Italy for a couple weeks last November, saw lots of air cooled Vanagons and on a lark stopped at a lot where a single cab '82 was for sale asking was like $8500 US and it was not in particularly fine shape. Certainly is a matter of location.

John vwbus@mindspring.com