Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 May 1998 09:39:12 -0700
From:         "Thomas D. Hanlon" <hanran.inc@INTERNETMCI.COM>
Subject:      Re: bucking, part deux RE:ECU
Comments: To: karen brown <kpb@GNV.IFAS.UFL.EDU>, Vanagon <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Karen,

IF the culprit is your ECU, look at the listing in the JC Whitney catalog in the "water-cooled" section, and see the offer for the Electronic Ignition Control Module" on page 24 of the VW Catalog 57J. It is offered for 84-85 Vanagon. From my readings, this specific ECU offered is limited to Digijet Fuel Injected engines such as those on the 83.5- 85, 1.9 models., such as your and mine. I may order one just as a spare at this price.

The price is an unbelievable $39.95 and is listed as part 13GT4336R.

Access the WWW @ jcwhitneyusa.com for a catalog or call 312-431-6102 for further information..

Listees refer to JCWhipme. Caveat Emptor.

Usual Disclaimers apply.

Tom Hanlon Palm Sprigs, CA 84 Westy