Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 May 1998 16:49:41 -0700
From:         Phil Blais <pblais@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: new '97 ev camper q's
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I'm treating the rattles as a challenge on my '97 EVC. I have my wife drive it over semi-rough pavement and I go a listening. So far the major offender has been the sink/stove lid which I solved with a strategically placed pieceof foam. Another source of rattle atleast on mine was the upper bed. I kept finding the small black bumper pads on the EVC floor and finally figured out where they were coming from. Gluing them back into the corners of the bed board solved the bed board rattle.

FYI, I was not too thrilled with the rear speakers. Moderate to heavy base caused mine to buzz. I determined that it really wasn't the speaker buzzing but rather the Winnebago liner resonating. Stuffing foam between the Winnebago liner and the outer skin solved that particular problem. I'm still not totally satisfied with the speaker system but it will do for now. CAUTION - if you want to remove the speaker nearest the sliding door be advised that it is held to the liner using clips on the inside of the liner. Removing the screws will cause the clips to fall off inside the liner requiring partial removal of the liner to retrieve the clips and re-install the speaker.

My pop top seals nicely all around and the tent stays dry, even when washing the EVC and spraying off with a hose. Perhaps yours just needs to be adjusted.

Question for 97 EVC owners - what is the purpose of the small lever on the right side of the driver and passenger seats? Mine doesn't seem to do anything but that could well be due to pilot error.

Phil Blais 97 EVC