Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 May 1998 08:16:00 -0400
From:         "Pelszynski, John" <pelszynj@NCR.DISA.MIL>
Subject:      Re: new '97 ev camper q's
Comments: To: "vanagon@GERRY.SDSC.EDU" <vanagon@GERRY.SDSC.EDU>,
          "ev_update@db.erau.edu" <ev_update@db.erau.edu>,
          Tony Moore <tony@moorelab.com>

...3) hitches: anyone put one on an ev yet? i want to put a receiver type hitch on to use the bike rack i used to use on the '85.

Tony,

I just put a trailer hitch on my new '97 EVC that I purchased from Hitch-Web (http://www.hitch-web.com/),(800-300-4067). It's a class 2, 1-1/4" receiver type hitch built by DALAN that cost $168 including shipping but they also list a 2" class 3 hitch. It did not come with a ball or wiring. I use it to tow my son's racing go-kart to the track on a 4x8 utility trailer. Used it for the first time last weekend and it worked just fine. You still have access to the spare tire but you can't use the lug wrench in the tire cradle to help lower the tire. The hitch gets in the way of the hole in the cradle. Installation was straight forward and easy with only one of the bolts being difficult to install.

John Pelszynski Columbia, Md